Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Dream: Zombies

 I was going to post this back in October because of the theme, but my instincts told me to go with the Shadow Pool first. Like I mentioned in the last post about about dreams, there are certain themes that keep reappearing. One of those themes are zombies.

  Let me start by explain that I love zombie movies. I find them to be a metaphor about modern society. You have the zombies, used to be human but are now creatures that need to constantly consume. To me this represents the mass of people who refuse to think for themselves and go through their daily life constantly "consuming" in order to feed their insatiable "hunger". Then there is a group of survivors who have to battle through the hoard in order to find safety, usually a remote place in the wilderness. The survivors represent the "misfits" in our society. The "zombies" are constantly trying to destroy and convert these misfits.

  I have had several dreams involving zombies but they have all been a little different. One of them was set in a universe where the zombie outbreaks were being contained and controlled by the military. There had been the initial outbreak that destroyed most of civilization but things got back into control. There were still smaller outbreaks but because of military intervention the outbreaks were getting smaller and smaller and causing less damage. My dream took place around the fourth or fifth outbreak. So it was less of a how to get to safety situation and more of a wait-it-out-until-help-comes situation. I found myself being chased up a stair way by a group of zombies, but then there was another group coming down the stairs. I had to turn around and find a way down the stairs. I somehow swung myself around on the banister and was able to jump over the zombies and made it downstairs to the ally just as a military tank rolled in and saved the day.

 Another memorable dream had to do with swamp zombies. Yup that's right, zombies that rose out of the swamps, like they do. There would be no military intervention in this dream and we had to find a way to fight them ourselves. I remember there was a house were the children and those who couldn't fight were staying in. We had them hide in rooms and closets and I was passing out objects like broom sticks and bats so that incase the zombies got into the house they could protect themselves. Then we boarded up the doors and windows. I recall being thankful I wasn't in the house, since sitting and waiting would be more agonizing then being on the front lines (not a fan of Cersei, but we do agree on this aspect, and a GoT reference was bound to make it in this blog eventually).  I began looking for weapons to use. I eventually found a katana (because those are always lying around near swamps) and got ready to fight. Those of us fighting were standing on the bank when the zombies started to come out of the water. I woke up somewhere in the middle of a fight, but I do remember kicking ass.

  The last one I will share was the most recent (I've had more than these three zombie dreams but I only remember bits and pieces of the others). This was also a humorous dream. The zombies in this dream loved pizza. Sure they enjoyed brains but they could not resist pizza. The outbreak happened while I was working in an office building. As I was running down the hallways, anytime I saw a zombie I would yell "There's pizza in the break room!" and the zombie would change course and head to the break room. I was able to make my way outside with a group of other survivors. We ordered a bunch of pizza to be delivered to the office building hoping that would keep the zombies occupied. There was only one zombie that didn't care about pizza. I stumbled upon him outside of the building and he seemed to be working on some sort of device. I informed him of the pizza situation in the break room but he just stared at me with his evil zombie eyes. It scared the crap out of dream me and I got out of there as quickly as possible.

 Zombies in dreams can mean that I'm feeling overwhelmed by situations in my waking life. Yet in the dreams I find a way to overcome them. The first dream was really about letting larger outside forces deal with situation, I just needed to find a way to cope until then. The second dream was about going face to face with the overwhelming situation instead of hiding and waiting for it to pass. The third dream was really looking at what seemed like an overwhelming situation and seeing that it really wasn't. Even the one zombie that wasn't into pizza wasn't really my problem as long as I didn't go sticking my nose in his business. And sometimes the answer to all your problems is pizza, for everyone. (There was also this weird purple pizza with sparkles as toppings it was called the Wizard Pizza, I have no idea what that means but I'm inspired to make it one day!)

It kinda looked like this but very large and edible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment