Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A New Beginning

   I'm starting this blog to help with my journey, and most likely because I am in the Visuddha cycle of my life journey and feel the need to share my truth (more on those cycles in a later post). To be honest I'm still looking for my truth (also part of this particular circle).

   Recently I found out my spirit animal is a butterfly. Now I need to explain why this was very shocking to me. I grew up as a Tom boy.  I hated the color pink and getting me into a dress or skirt required bribery at the very least. Even as an adult I've never really been much of a girly girl, so to speak. I am very much a woman but I have a very strong masculine energy. I was hoping my spirit animal would reflect that. I wanted a wolf or a shark, some sort of apex predator. But a butterfly? This was the EXACT opposite of what I wanted, but it was EXACTLY what I needed. Upon learning more I realized that the butterfly was the perfect sprit animal for me and it had many lessons to teach me. Those lessons will be what this blog is mostly about, I hope.

   I've chosen the name Morpho peleides because it is my favorite species of butterfly, and I once had an amazing encounter with it in the wild. I was hiking on the trails next to Volcan Arenal in Costa Rica. I had gone ahead of the group since their talking would insure that ALL the wild life would run and hide and I would not get to see any of it. Now, one of my favorite things about this butterfly is the change in pattern and color on the front and back of it's wings.  This change is where the name Morpho comes from. As you can see in the picture below when the wings are folded up, it looks like a moth.

 


  So, when the butterfly is sitting like this, it's very hard to see. Which is why I walked right by one without seeing her. That is until she took off and flew right in front of me and "morphed" into something like this:




 All of a sudden I saw the most brilliant flash of iridescent blue. She fluttered in front of me for a few seconds before disappearing into the rain forest. I felt like I had just ran into a unicorn. And for few brief seconds I was completely in the moment.

    As for the title of the blog, you can already guess the butterfly represents me. The Flower...well...I heard it described that our chakras resemble trumpet-like flowers, and I love that image. A visualization exercise that I now like to use when "meditating" (that shit is hard) is picturing a butterfly made of light, fluttering from one flower/chakra to the next, opening and balancing them until the butterfly reaches the crown chakra and disappears upward. I thought it fitting to name my blog about my spiritual awakening after that image. So for those of you reading (if anyone) thank you for coming along on this journey. I have learned so much from the blogs I have read and I hope I can teach something as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment